Thursday, November 30, 2006

Time to put the deco's up...

I know I usually say most days that I dont feel like getting out of bed; this morning was different in that I actually was not looking forward to the session. From Tuesday's session where I ran into work afterwards on that warm day with a text book in my backpack, it seems to have taken quite a bit out of me for some reason and I have been feeling a bit flat ever since. I got out of bed anyway, getting to Mackay late with not enough time for a warm up...tsk tsk.

I had 3 laps of the lake as Fartlek today, which is approx 4.5km. Given my lack of willpower and that I am also meant to be racing on the weekend I made sure I went nice and comfortably not trying to catch anyone or do anything silly and finished in 21.09. I was happy with that, was just happy with finishing today. Finished off with a warm down lap of the lake.

I had a bit of a tear in my eye driving home knowing its the last time I would be driving my car. Stupid as its only a car, I just get attached to stuff easily. It got taken off to Perth today to its new owner. With Dean's Dad being taken into hospital this week and my career change crisis of late I actually think I am ready for a good bawl. Maybe I will just go punch something instead...yes that sounds like more my style.

As I'm feeling a little depressed today I'm now heading off to buy some cheap Chrissy decorations from the $2 shop to put around my desk.....

EDIT: Just plugged my 21.09 into a pace calculator and had I done another 500m it would have converted to a 5km PB. Considering it was comfortable, I'm looking forward to my next 5km race. Bring on the Summer Series.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home