Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Foghorn

My alarm went off this morning and I reset it to sleep in thinking that I would head out at lunch as a sleep in would be nice. Then remembering what I wrote in my blog yesterday, I knew that wouldnt happen; so got an extra 5 min lie in and then dragged my butt out of bed. When I got outside I was shocked by the thick layer of fog that had reduced visibility to under 20m. It was very eerie as you cant see people until they are right up on you. I was surprised to get a signal on my garmin. I headed around the normal coastal path as I only had 7km on the program today. No views of the ocean today though!! I got to listen to the sound of the lighthouse fog horn the entire way which was sending some of the dogs in the area a little crazy. I got home and realised I was absolutely drenched in sweat. Checking the weather later I discovered that although the temperature was not that high it was extremely humid. After getting out of the shower I felt like I needed to jump back in. I felt really horrible going to work as my clothes were sticking to my warm skin. Not looking forward to summer hitting.

I bought my accomodation for Central Coast yesterday. About 5 min later I was wishing I was doing Otford to Bundeena instead. Bloody women.....

2 Comments:

At 11:01 am, Blogger R2B said...

I am planning on doing the Otford 2 Bundeena on Sunday with my friend Sophie...better training than CC....perhaps you can still cancel or offer the accom. to someone on CR?

Good luck
R2B

 
At 1:15 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I'm thinking of doing a Phd in a Psychology related field too. I've got a Masters in Coaching Psychology which was interesting.

Hope to see you at CC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home