Thursday, November 16, 2006

Mud Bath

Dean started work at 6.00 this morning so he was awake before I was. He told me it was pouring down so I should reset my alarm to go off later. I felt really guilty still from missing Tuesday's session so I slept in an extra 10 min and got up anyway. It was pouring down when I left but had lightened down to a sprinkle by the time I got to the oval. I left my jacket on throughout the entire session today as it was around 8 degrees earlier, and probably lower with wind chill factor. After a warm up, the group slowly started to emerge. There wasnt too many of us this morning. I had 1 lap (approx 1.45km) of the lake with around 5 min break and then a 2 lapper. I done 6.55 for the first lap and 14.19 for the 2 laps. My mind wasnt really in it this morning as I was still upset from my crap day yesterday, but all the same I was very happy with the times, especially the 6.55. I probably could have pushed myself a bit harder but it was just one of those days.

Meant to be doing the JP Morgan Chase challenge tonight. I'm not really feeling up to it, I would prefer to go along to SWEAT $7 steak night.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Sorry to hear your not having a great time of it on the work front!

You know maybe it's better to make a change sooner than later...everyone always says " i should have done XXXX years ago!" so why not do it now.

As soon as you have thought about it anyway!

May not be doing Coastal Classic afterall as a friend reminded me it is just a week after Black Stump which i need to qualify in!
Will play it by ear closer to the date

Cheers R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home