Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Catch up

I had an absolute ball at CR drinks on Friday night, it was really good to meet a lot of CR's. I was a bit worried that Dean would be bored from all the running talk, but after a day on the golf course boozing he was in fine form. I was up for a late one but Dean wanted to leave at 11.30 :-( After a sleep in on Saturday morning, I didnt really feel like heading out in the afternoon, so I missed my run. I have realised lately that if it doesnt get done early, it doesnt really get done at all.

I had a really good think of what I want to do with myself and I have come to the conclusion that I would like to go back to uni to do my PhD. I have a Bachelor of Mathematics and Finance, but if I can I am thinking of doing my PhD in Psychology (yes a big change). I recently had a test done to see what careers would suite my personality/ethics/values and as I suspected Finance was not on the list, apparently I was more suited towards roles where I guide people such as Psychology, dietitian, career counselor, environmental lawyer etc. I also saw a degree in Psychology and Exercise Science which sounded really appealing. I will need to have a further think through.

Went out on Sunday for a 17km run. I headed along the C2S course in reverse until I hit Edgecliff and then turned around and when in Rose Bay I turned up the road that runs alongside the golf course (just because I knew there was some dirt paths instead of road) and then back up Old South Head Rd to Vaucluse. I still had a few k's left to do and so I rounded it off with a lap of the Coastal Path where there was a lot of film crew filming an ad I suspect. Amazingly I actually felt better on my long run last week !! I also noticed that my shins were a little sore as I was having trouble staying off paths.

Missed my run on Monday as well, tsk tsk, work got in the way.

Went to SWEAT this morning and had 6x600m. I had to get a lift in from Dean so that I could be at work on time in the morning. I dont have my Garmin with me as I had to leave my backpack down in my locker so no one passed out from the stench of my clothes. I think they were all in the range of 2.32-2.38 except for the last one which was around 2.45. I really felt the heat this morning, by the last lap I had enough. I done my warm down as a run into work, which ended up being a workout in itself. I couldnt use my normal running backpack as I had to take a text book into work (yes a fat chunky Corporate Finance one) and so had to bring a non-running one to fit everything in. It was extremely uncomfortable, heavy and bouncing around everywhere. I felt sorry for Virtual who ran with me to the city as I was running so slow, apologies Brendan, I dont think he has ever run so slow in his life!!

Now, just sitting at work getting stuck into the Powerade.....

4 Comments:

At 11:34 am, Blogger Ellie80 said...

ah career change - a personal favourite topic of mine! actually i think that all those things sound like great career paths!! (except perhaps enviro lawyer - i did that for a while and you don't realise that if you work for a law firm, you are almost always on the wrong side.... :)

 
At 2:51 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work Beck carrying that book should count as a double session ;-)

 
At 3:00 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

hmmm, think you might have been stuck in a bloglines timewarp.
I'm in the same boat these days when it comes to running early or not at all.
Might catch you on the 1:50 bus on sunday - we can compare notes on U2!

 
At 9:37 am, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Yep, it sure was a hot one yesterday! I find that kind of humidity really tightens up my chest and makes the breathing a lot harder too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home