Friday, November 17, 2006

Recovery run

Went out for a nice 5km recovery run this morning. Took my usual route around the coastal path. I will have to post pictures of this run it is amazing. The ocean was nice and calm this morning compared to the last couple of days. Although the wind was a little fresh it was a nice day and there were lots of cute dogs out that were trying to race me. I went a couple of minutes slower than on my program, but since I do my mid-week long runs with the girls at a quicker pace than I would normally run, I really try and treat my Friday runs as a recovery run from all the speed work during the week getting ready for the endurance on the weekend.

I will be taking Tesso's advice and doing a nice long walk after my long run tomorrow morning and also taking Blue Dog's advice of practicing my eating every 25 min. My Saturday run will be somewhere in the Picton region as Dean and I are going to a party there on Saturday night and staying the night in a pub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home