Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Around the Opera House

I was going to hang off writing my blog for today's run until I had done the JP Morgan challenge, but since its called off, here it is. I met up with Katie and Kerry at Centennial Park and we decided to head off to the Opera House this morning as we had 90 min on the program. After all the hills we encountered last week we ensured we went via the most flat route and got to whiff in some lovely smoke from "naughty" cigarettes on Oxford Street.

I feel like such a tourist, I swear I will never get sick of the sight of the harbour bridge, opera house and the gardens, they are magnificent. I couldn't believe that we were already half way through our run by the time we were running around Mrs Macquarie Point. There were some short sharp hills on the way back and when Katie and Kerry left me for dead I realised I think I need to do a bit more hill work (just not Big Birtha please). Lugging this body up a hill aint easy. Once we were back at Centennial Park we headed around the lake to see the Geese. When one of the geese started attacking another biting its neck, we took that as a cue to leave. All up done 15.8k's in 90 min. Had an absolute ball and was so happy to be out this morning. We caught up with Belinda and Horrie at the end of our run as they were just finishing and got to have a chat about the Coastal Classic before I had to rush off to work for an 8.30 meeting. I was a good girl this morning and had an Up and Go on the bus as I have been told that I wait too long after a session to have breaky.

My great day and mood ended shortly after I got to work. I wont bang on about it too much, but lets just say I haven't been happy for a while but something happened today to confirm that I may be looking for a complete career change. The only problem is I'm not 100% sure what I want to do now. Its very hard when you spend a long time going to school, uni etc focused on the one career and goal and after giving it a few years realise that its really not for you. Its a hard decision to make to go in a completely different direction. Oh well, changing times ahead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home