Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My first missed session

My first week of no rest days hasnt really gone according to plan so far. I had to be in at work early yesterday as I was leaving on time to go to U2, so I missed my run yesterday. I had an absolute ball at the concert. Although I just realised I had forgotten to list them as a favourite band in my profile (I am terrible with those questions, name your favourite movie, band, drink...I dont think about this stuff much), U2 is definately right up there as a favourite. I may discover new bands and go through fads, but I will always be able to listen to their music without getting sick of it. Their CD's are one of the few that I can listen to from beginning to end without skipping any songs. When Dean and I met, I had U2's best of album 1990-2000, when I found out he had their best of album for 1980-1990 I knew it was a match made in heaven. I found out that Bono made an appearance at Kylie's concert on Sunday night so was desperately hoping that she would return the favour.....but she didnt.

Anyway it was a late night for a nanna like me, getting home at 12.30. I still set my alarm for 5.30 to go to training this morning, ohh to be such an optimist. After this gave me less than 4.5 hours sleep I didnt manage to get up for SWEAT this morning. I took my gear in to work but the thought of running on concrete these days makes my body shudder so I trotted off to the gym since they still made me pay for this months fee's anyway.

Feeling really fresh now as that niggle in my calf has gone away from the rest. I'm really looking forward to my long run tomorrow morning and doing the JP Morgan Coprorate Challenge in the afteroon which I am not taking seriously and running with some friends.

EDIT: Ha ha its a month exactly until my birthday........the countdown begins......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home