Friday, May 04, 2007

Shorter reps...YAYY

I was really looking forward to the session yesterday morning as I wanted to compare it to camp. When we were getting ready for the session Sean told us we would be doing them in reverse to normal, which surprisingly did feel a litle wierd.

I had 7 reps of 500m and managed to finish them in 2.10, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12, 2.12, 2.11, 2.13. My garmin was measuring a little more for each rep between 510m and 515m, which in hindsight I think may have been because when on the home stretch I was running up to the path rather than staying in a straight line rather than the course being wrong. I have never done a 500m session before so I dont have anything to compare it with so I am happy with that. The last 3 were pretty hard as I didnt even really feel my hear rate come down before we were heading off for another rep. In the last one most people were giving it all they had, whereas I seemed to fade a little and didnt have much left in the tank.

I finished off with a cool down lap around the inside of the white fence with a total of 8km for the day.

This morning I headed out for a nice recovery 5km around Croome Rd in Albion Park. I was giving my orthodics a bit of a whirl and they seemed to go OK. I am feeling pretty tight so I will need to make sure I do loads of stretching over the weekend. I was going to be making my Striders debut tomorrow and chasing a 10km PB but I really think I need to be staying off the road. It seems as though there is a 10km race almost every weekend over winter so there is plenty of time to chase a PB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home