Friday, April 20, 2007

Bit of a rest week

After having a well deserved day off on Monday (and heading back to work) I headed off to SWEAT on Tuesday morning. I had 2 laps of the lake with a recovery and then another lap. During the drills I felt a little tired and crap and felt a bit border line between feeling stronger from camp but still a little exhausted. I settled into a nice rythm on the first lap. It felt quite wierd as it wasnt hurting my legs and my breathing was fine but I kept thinking maybe I should slow down. I ended up finishing the 2 laps (2.9km) in 13.32 which I think is a big PB for me on the 2 lapper. After finishing the first rep Sean told me I could do another 2 laps on the second rep. After putting everything I had into the first rep I wasnt expecting to beat my time. It was a little harder setting out as lots of people were only doing a one lap in front of me so I had no-one to chase. Managed to finish the second 2 laps in 13.59. Finished with a nice cool down lap of the lake. I'm not quite sure but I dont think I've gone under 14 min for 2 laps of the lake before. Will have to check.

Wednesday was a nice 20 min around Vaucluse Christison Park. Was over before I knew it.

Thursday was 7 laps of Wild Wally. I really wasnt sure what to expect with this session. It was a mix between, will the hills feel easier after camp, or is it too early to expect anything. After the first session I noticed that I felt quite a bit stronger on the up hills than I have been. The second last Wild Wally session I done was a shocker. I managed to keep all bar one under 3.20 doing
3.14, 3.11, 3.15, 3.13, 3.13, 3.57 :( , 3.16

In the second last lap I started to feel my lower left calf cramping up where I had not much motion in it to bend it so I slowed it down in that rep as I didnt plan on being a hero as my shin had been a little sore as well. All it needed was a bit of a stretch and I managed to finish the session on a good note.

I was a bit busy at work on Friday (also a bit worried about my shin/calf) so I had an extra day off today.

On Saturday morning I headed off with some of the SWEAT girls for a long run. They were doing the SMC 10km on the Sunday and I was just planning on getting smashed on Saturday so it worked out well for all of us. We headed off towards Oxford St from the park. I was shocked at the amount of people still getting on the piss at that time of morning. Managed to score myself $20 off the road so I was a very happy chappy. I noticed that my calf was hurting a bit in the first few km but around 5km in it started to feel fine. We ran around the Opera house and Mrs Macquarie Point and I kept reminding the girls of how bad those little hills will be in the half in 3 weeks (I'm so naughty). I really loved the run back up Oxford St to the park because I looked back and noticed that we had come up quite an incline and it honestly felt like flat. We then headed back to the park and done a lap around the inside of the park and then around the fartlek circuit. All up 2 hours and I felt pretty good like I could have kept going. Finished off with a nice brekkie together and off to the Fitness Expo with Running Angel where I spent way too much money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home