Monday, April 30, 2007

Spoilt !!

Well, i have to admit I have been a bit spoilt lately with having people to run with all the time. I headed out yeterday on my own for my long run and I found it to be a bit boring and blah.

I started my run at around 9am from Alexandria Bowling Club where Dean was playing. My calf was feeling rather crap since I've had my massage, so the first few k's on the hard surface were a bit nasty until I hit Centennial Park and it was much better. It was a beautiful day and there was so many people out running I thought it was great.

It was a bit of a mixed run this morning. I was meant to do 20k's in 2hrs. I found that my legs are feeling really strong so they kept wanting to go faster and I couldnt physically slow myself down, however, my energy levels were down so they werent really liking the quicker pace. It was a battle of the body for me. Ended up stopping at 17km and heading back to the bowling club to watch Dean win his club singles.

Watched Shooter on Sunday night and can I just say that Mark Wahlberg is very nice on the eye ;)

2 Comments:

At 1:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate long runs on my own too - it's very hard to get motivated! Unfortunately we are out Sat eve so have I feeling I won't be doing my long run till the afternoon, so everyone else will have long finished their runs!

RA

 
At 8:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi becky ..gordon here i found your website through the coolrunning website so i sent you a donation too help you with your forthcomming marathon i must say i did the city2surf today and i complained about 14 ks and here you are going too do 250 ks ..my hat off too you and i hope you are successful in your run ..reading your blogs abit you seem too be doing pretty good in training. all the best i actually wasnt happy with my time today but it was a pb from last year so i shouldnt complain ..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home