Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cant find any excuses...

I didn't end up doing anything on Sunday. After getting home at 4.30 in the morning my Sunday was sort of wasted. I did have loads of fun and it was good to catch up with my man J again :)

On Monday I headed to the gym at lunch and spent 40 min on the cross trainer and some strength work.

This morning my alarm went off for SWEAT and I could hear the rain and the wind howling outside. I tried to think of a million reasons why I shouldn't go...couldn't come up with a plausible thing so off I went. I was running a little late so I didn't get to do much of a warm up but Sean advised that due to the fact that most of the grass was flooded we would be doing our session on the footpath. Some had to do the entire circuit which was 3.7km and the rest of us were to do 2.5km cutting down the middle. I felt really strong on the first lap, sort of felt like I could have pushed a little harder cause my breathing seemed quite fine. Managed to finish in 11.54 (2.51km). After a jog recovery we then set out for another rep. At the start my legs felt really heavy but there is a part where we turn down the road in the middle and there is a slight downhill and I managed to pick up the pace a little then. I managed to overtake a couple of people that were in front of me in the first rep. I honestly felt like I went much slower on this lap but got my time of 11.48 (2.54km) and was really happy with that. I quite enjoyed this morning's session. I wasn't really looking forward to the 1.4km reps but this seemed fine cause I knew there was only 2 !!

2 Comments:

At 2:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on your times Becky. You are definitely BACK!!!

RA

 
At 12:08 am, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work on your times Becky.

Missed you on Saturday - I could have used a run buddy on an out n back given I didn't do anywhere near the full thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home