Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Way too long between posts...

Well, I realised I need to post more regularly when I was sitting here and I couldn't remember what I've done since the last post. I think it went like this....

Friday, March 23 - Done a nice recovery 5km run. Then headed into the gym for a few hours. Really loving this full time athlete thing, I think I could get used to it.

I honestly cant remember what I done that weekend. I did run but it seems like a million years ago.

On Monday, March 26 - Went to see a doctor and had a great revelation about my health which will see me in much better shape soon. He also told me that I would feel a little crap for the next few days before I started to feel great. Hence Tuesday went to SWEAT to do Wild Wally and felt like I was going to be sick and was also very grumpy and ended up chucking a wally myself and left the session early. First time I had done that and I was really upset with myself and thrashed myself at the gym as punishment.

On the Wednesday I slept in but still got out to do my long run at Centennial Park. As it was 10.30 by the time I started I was still running at lunch and it was bloody warm out there. I got a few funny looks from the workmen that were setting up for the rave or whatever was on on the weekend, they must have thought I was nuts going around in circles that many times. This was the first time in absolute yonks that I listened to music while I was running. I was just in need of company and since I didn't have it, Foo Fighters, JT, Missy Higgins and Kylie kept me company instead (I know, interesting combination). Done 15km at average of 6.11/km. Finished feeling good as well, happy with that since it was in the middle of the day. Then took a trip to the gym.

Last Thursday I got up to go to SWEAT but since I was feeling like Miss Hulk and still feeling pretty crappy I headed out and done the 800m reps myself. Definitely don't do them properly unsupervised. Then went to the gym and thrashed it out again spending ages on the cross trainer. I have to admit, I am really loving FF Bondi Junction as it NEVER gets busy there and the people are not show-ponies at all. All the show-ponies are over at the Platinum when the regular one is quite a good gym anyway. Got a massage and was expecting it to be bad since I've been working out for 3-4 hours a day but Tiger said I was the best he has ever seen me. All this not sitting at a desk is very good for my body. I went to the coolrunning drinks at James Squire. It is always good to catch up with everyone in these situations, its where some dreams really start to turn into real life goals when you chat to like-minded people. I love it !! Went home earlier than I would have liked as I was up for a big night, however, I hadn't eaten and usually when I drink and don't eat there is not a happy ending the next morning.

Friday morning I felt pretty dehydrated (don't know why). Dean and I went and had lunch at the Sydney Fish Markets. We then went and done lots of cheap shopping at DFO Homebush. No running for me.

Saturday I went for a 10km run in time to head out to Telstra Stadium to watch the Swans. It was a pretty interesting game. The Swans were getting thrashed by around 40 points and they come back in the end and lost by 1 after scoring 3 goals in the last 10 min. I was very naughty and broke my diet for a beer and meat pie....what?? I was at the footy!

Sunday went down to Mum & Dad's place. Was meant to go for a run down there, but instead as usual got stuck into the booze instead. Done lots of shopping for camp and buying running stuff. Cant remember what I done yesterday but went to SWEAT this morning and we had another time trial. Sean told us to take it easy with camp coming up. I listened and set into a nice pace with some of the other camp goers. Finished the 5.9km in 34 min comfortably. For the first time ever I got hungry at SWEAT, which I am only mentioning because it was all I could think of during the whole session.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Far too long between posts :-)

Looking forward to catching up with you for lunch soon!

 
At 5:45 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Yeah i was thinking it had been a while for me too!

Ahh the life of a full time athlete.....massages....laying about 'til 10 am....

(Jealous i was working on my retaining wall all day!)

Ps there is a kj's 5km race on tomorrow that you might at west dapto otherwise i will probabaly see you at the one after that?

Cheers R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home