Thursday, March 22, 2007

Why cant I be paid to run ???

On Wednesday Lulu kindly agreed to meet up with me so I could have a chat to her about her career. Thanks Lulu, much appreciated.

I set out to do my long run in the afternoon as I was pretty buggered in the morning from my huge workout on Tuesday. I decided to do a few laps around the coastal path near my place. My hammies, glutes and lower back were all fairly sore from the workout on Tuesday but loosened up a bit as I went along. I was expecting to run quite slowly but it seemed that my body wanted to go at a quicker pace. It was really humid during my run and I got a few refreshing showers. I finished the session of 15km at 6.08/km average pace (its been a while). I am now confident that I will be back to my 5.40/km long run pace soon enough. I done loads of stretching when I got home and done some exercises with my new Nike medicine ball I bought for camp.

This morning the alarm went off for SWEAT. After a really humid night and my harder than normal long run only the night before I wasnt looking forward to the session this morning. As I had left my program at work I had no idea what I was in for today. If I had have known it was hills I might have taken up the opportunity to sleep in. I headed to SWEAT and we did our drills at the oval. We then headed over to the hill and we were informed we were doing Wild Walter which I had never done before. My reps were:
2.09
2.08
2.15 (had a lap off because I wouldnt have reached the start in time)
2.03
2.12 (Sean gave me another break)
2.05
2.18
I was at the back of the pack for all of them. Someone said that it was like 100% humidity and I believed them. I wore my skins to bed last night, but lets face it they dont work miracles so I felt like I had lead legs doing these sessions and it was bloody hard. Oh well, the back to back sessions will be good practice for camp !! Although most of us were meant to be doing 10 apparently, due to the humidity Sean told us we could finish up and do a warm down. Even some of the more elite quicker runners were having rest laps this time, it was horrid out there. After running back to the oval I then finished up with another lap around the inside white fence. I love the fact I dont have to rush off to work in the morning and Centennial Park is absolutely beautiful at that time of day because there arent too many people there and all you can hear is the birds, its very peacefull.

After getting home and having a nice breaky I headed over to Bondi Junction FF again for a super workout. Left again feeling on top of the world. I also went to get some groceries and was very proud of myself that I was not tempted to buy anything naughty AT ALL. The only thing is I hate cooking. There is a recipe from the AIS website which is a chicken risotto and it is so easy, super healthy and makes 6 meals so I dont have to cook for ages. Because I have been on my own I have been eating the same thing non-stop so I cant wait for Dean to get home so that I can have a different meal and stop eating left overs.

Oh, BTW, Dean won the bowls tournament in Dubbo and now has a cool $2,500. I wish I got paid to run....not fair !!!!

4 Comments:

At 11:09 am, Blogger R2B said...

It would be too easy if we all got paid to run!
We do it 'cos we love it (i think)?

 
At 12:22 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Maybe I should take up bowls!

Nice work Becky - that is a powerful lot of training you have been up to.

 
At 9:46 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Girl, you are on fire! That mid-week long run pace is fantastic. You will be back to 5.40s in no time!

 
At 1:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Becky. Looks like I have lost my mid-week long run partner!

Congratulations to Dean too.

When is the first weigh in?

RA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home