Thursday, March 15, 2007

Last post for a little while

Well, since my last post I havent done a whole lot of running but I am getting back into it. After finding out there was another lurgie going around the office, I decided that 3 weeks of being sick was enough and I was off to the doctor to get some drugs. I am so silly sometimes thinking I can cure everything myself. So after feeling a little better on the weekend, I headed up to the Blue Mountains to watch everyone taking on the mighty six foot track. We got there in time to watch wave 4 head off and then we headed off with some CR's for breakfast at Blackheath. We made our way to the Jenolan Caves with Ellie kindly giving us a lift so we didnt have to get the bus. We just missed seeing Fats cross the line in a record breaking time. Watching all the familiar faces coming in was great and I couldnt believe how the time flew. It was quite funny when Jen_runs come in as Sparkie come running down the stairs screaming that Jen was coming and all the cheer squad took their places. We finished off the night with some dinner at Mt Victoria hearing all the stories.

It was really great for me to see the finish line of 6 foot as after doing the Megalong Mega I really didnt get the whole 6 foot buzz. I thought this is a bugger of a course why does everyone love it so much. After watching the finish line and seeing the high's and low's I really got it. Although I think I will need to wear a helmet, knee pads and elbow pads when I do it next year !! (oh, and maybe a pillow for my butt!!)

On Sunday morning Running Angel and I headed out to do a run in Katoomba. We headed towards the 3 sisters and got to have a good look at the amazing view. We found a trail to run on but unfortunately Running Angel went over on her ankle and our run was cut short. We headed back to where we were staying so that she could ice it.

On Monday I headed to the gym and done a huge workout of cardio and weights. It felt absolutely great. It has been a while since I have been able to do a hard workout after having the flu and it was great getting that buzz of feeling like I had worked really hard.

On Tuesday morning I headed off to SWEAT for a 5.8km time trial. Not a great day to return, I was worried about the fitness I had lost while having flu/cold/stomach bug/bronchitis. My garmin was telling me I was running really slow even though I felt like I was going quite quick so it wasnt till I finished in 30.54 that I realised that wasnt as bad as I thought (garmin was saying 6-7 min k's). Still not great and not anywhere I would like to be but average 5.19 per k was a little better than I was expecting. When we finished Sean told everyone to do a 2km cool down and told me 4km. I can tell I am going to be whipped while I am on holiday.

Wednesday I was naughty and missed my run but I went and slogged it out at the gym over lunch and it felt really great again. I also went and picked up some of the gear I bought from Rebel. A cool new top that is pink and white and has 'Personal Best' on the front and loads of cool stuff written on the back. I also got myself a nice new pink wind jacket. I have been wanting a pink one for ages so was stoked to find one there.

This morning I got up to go to training and my brand spanking new (well, 3 month old) car wouldnt start because a certain someone was a jackass and didnt fill it with petrol after using it and left it bone dry for me. Not happy. So, I headed off for a run to Bondi Beach instead. It was a little scary at first because it was so dark and I was on my own but it was a nice run and I was happy that I was strong on the hills coming back to my place.

My computer is broken at the moment and I go on annual leave from tomorrow so I wont be able to post for a little while until my Dad can fix it. I promise I will be training hard and hitting the gym hard as well, Sean will make sure of that.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Good to see you blog again Becky - pity we will have to wait for the next installment - also nice to see you again on Saturday - you do look different without your camelbak though ;-)

 
At 11:51 pm, Blogger Jen said...

LOL. Someone described Sparkie's running down to the cheersquad to inform them that I was coming like a kid getting let loose at Luna Park for the first time.

Take care of yourself, enjoy your annual leave & training camp. Looking forward to hearing about it when you return :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home