Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Biggest Loser.....Becky O style

I was a bit lazy over the weekend as it was my first few days of my holidays and I lazed around relaxing but today was time to get straight back into training. I got up for SWEAT, which I was proud of myself doing in my holidays, and we had 2 laps of the lake with a long rest followed by a one lapper. After doing our drills in the dark we headed over to the lake. I wasnt sure how I would go as my training has been very hit and miss lately. I was really surprised to see that my legs felt quite fresh (thanks to a massage on Thursday) and they didnt get too fatigued the whole way through. My breathing also was going quite well. I went through the first 1.45km lap in 7.09 and was feeling good so I was quite proud of myself. I tried to keep it up for the second lap but started to fade a little mainly because the humidity was getting to me and my head felt like it was burning up and going to explode. I managed to finish the 2.9km in 14.44 which I am happy with. After a rest we then set out for the one lapper. I didnt manage to do as well in this one and fell behind the pack a little as I had given the 2 lapper everything I had and finished in 7.16. I finished the session off with a lap around the inside white fence.

At home after a nice breakfast I headed of to the gym. I went to the one at Bondi Junction which I have never been to before. It is quite big and the reception guy acted like I was inconveniencing him when I asked him to tell me what was on each level. I done quite a big workout and felt great when I got home like I had worked really hard.

Thought I would mention that a couple of weeks ago after a trip to the beach where Dean and I both waited till we were right near the edge of the water to take our t-shirts off because we were embarrassed about being seen in our swimmers; Dean suggested that we do our own Biggest Loser while I am on annual leave (I think we may have been eating pizza and drinking beer at the time). We bought ourselves some cool scales last Friday which measure water, fat and muscle percentages. The plan is that whoever loses the most each week has to do the housework and whoever wins at the end of the 4 weeks gets a present of their choice. We weighed in on Friday and I was seriously shocked as I only weight myself when I am forced to by a doctor and it was a lot higher than I expected. Dean is away all this week playing in a lawn bowls tournament so I know I will be winning this week as the amount of booze he will be putting into his system cant be good.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 pm, Blogger Jen said...

That's excellent Bec. You are going to blitz that competition with D ! You go girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home