Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Didnt quite make it to the Tan.....

I felt guilty about missing SWEAT this morning, dont know why as I was in a completely different state!! I didnt get to fit in a run yesterday as I was on a plane early to Melbourne and work meant I couldnt fit one in later either. I think it was a blessing in disguise as the muscle that runs near my shin is still very tight and tender and I probably would have done damage to run on it. I was extremely fidgity this morning and wanted to get out for a run so the plan was to head over to the Tan. Because of how sore my leg was I had to take it really slow. It ended up that I was so bloody slow by the time I made it over to the Tan it was time to come back!! So today was only 4km shuffle for me. I think it done me good though as it loosened up my leg quite a bit and gave me the opportunity to do lots of stretching once back at the hotel. Since my little shuffle this morning it has been feeling a lot better. I am not as scared now going to see Tiger tomorrow as I dont think I will be getting into trouble.

Will probably have to miss training tomorrow morning as well as I dont have a car to get there. It would probably be good for me to have a down week anyway. I just want to be ready for my long run on the weekend as the half has already taken away a bit too much focus off Coastal Classic.

I cant believe how much weight you can put on just by going interstate for a few days. Everyone wants to take you out for lunch/afternoon tea etc. I feel like a hippo. Stepped on the scales at the hotel. I dont have scales at home as I think its dangerous for the mind to be weighing yourself so often. Wasnt happy with what it was telling me, but I have to remember its just a number. I've decided though its nothing but vegies until Xmas !!

3 Comments:

At 3:10 pm, Blogger Bernie G said...

Nothing but vegies until Christmas. That means no alcohol, no chocolate, no bread, no pasta, no cheese. Not much of anything actually. Enjoy ;-)

 
At 11:31 am, Blogger 2P said...

You are closer to the South Pole so the specific gravity is greater - you will be back to normal weight when you land back in Sydney ;-)

 
At 10:13 pm, Blogger R2B said...

The Tan is way overated anyway Bec!

As for losing weight,well you've been there and done that before.You know whats best for you.

Cheers R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home