Thursday, November 09, 2006

The evil Big Birtha

I know I use this title every time we do Big Birtha, but there really is no other way to describe it. I was running a little late getting to the oval this morning as Dean had "cleaned" yesterday. His idea of cleaning is moving things from one wrong place to another wrong place that doesnt make sense, so I had a lot of trouble finding all my gear. Managed to do one lap of the oval and with the run over to where we do the hill reps it was still an OK warm up. I managed to finish the 10 laps in 25.05. I was marginally happy with that. I havent had much experience with Birtha, the first time I done it it was the first week of attending SWEAT and the second time I only done 7 laps as I confused it with Wild Wally. I probably could have gone out a little harder but my right calf is feeling extremely tight at the moment and is still playing up on me. I am not looking forward to seeing Easy Tiger tomorrow.

I got my program through last night and it looks like I will be running 7 days a week from now on. I've barely got used to running 6 days a week and the intensity has already been upped. Should definately be fit for all my races next year.

I'm off to lawn bowls this afternoon at Bondi for a work function. I'm wondering what the mood will be like considering our latest (gazillionth) restructure just got announced today. They only announced the big honcho's that will be going we find out about the little people next week. We were all expecting some really big good changes but it was just the same old, same old, people losing jobs, playing corporate musical chairs, bla bla bla.

2 Comments:

At 4:00 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

Lawn bowls sounds like a good recovery session.
Having not experienced any of them but hearing much of each, I wonder which is tougher - Big Birtha, Wild Wally or Easy Tiger!

 
At 8:40 am, Blogger R2B said...

Got to fly...just caught your comment i will be at 5km goat race ....long run for many ppl afterwards...see you there? ...
R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home