Friday, November 03, 2006

Wierd guy in hotpants

I went out for a cruisy 5 km this morning. My legs were feeling a little stiff and tired at first. Could be due to the fact that I ran on concrete on Wednesday so was sure to stick to the grass on the side of the path this morning. Didnt see any whales this morning, but I was stopped by an American guy in lycra hotpants asking me for directions to the beach. He was telling me that he had been down to the beach but it was the "clothes optional" one with a lot of gay men. He told me that he felt uncomfortable and they were all staring at him there because in his words "similar to a lady I could say I'm bigger than average" while pointing to his chest. Very naive me thought he was referring to the fact that he was a little tubby and had man boobs so I felt sorry for him, I thought he was self concious. But no, I wont go into too much detail (I will leave the full story for the girls on Tuesday morning) but every time I tried to tell him where to go to get to the other beaches he kept interupting me to say how big his package was and how people stare at it. It become very crude and I told him I felt uncomfortable and I was leaving. This is the thing that I dont like about myself. It doesnt matter who I am talking to it could be the creepiest guy in the world or an axe murderer and I still feel the need to be polite to them. Instead of saying "Excuse me, I've been trying to tell you directions and your talking about your package which is making me uncomfortable", why didnt I just run off and say "bugger (or other words) off you perverted creep". Oh well, I will have to learn.....

2 Comments:

At 12:43 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

hehe - an interesting diversion for the morning hey?? bet it took your mind off the running for a while in any event!! i think that being nice to people is a very good trait to have - but i agree that sometimes you need to tell someone where to go!!

 
At 5:45 pm, Blogger Bernie G said...

Perhaps I can give you some tips ;-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home