Sunday, October 29, 2006

Running, golfing, drinking, running and riding

Dean and I spent the weekend down at my parents place as we had a 40th birthday party to attend on Saturday night, one of Dean's old work friends. We fitted some beams in their bar room for them while they are away. They have run out of places to hang stuff on the walls of their Irish bar room and are now needing roof space !! I headed out for a 10km run through some of the grass trails in the Croome Rd complex and done some laps around a local oval to make up the k's. It was extremely windy, Albion Park tends to get really bad winds as it is nested in mountain ranges. All up finished the run in 60 min nice and easy.

As soon as I got back from the run I had to quicky get ready for the party. We headed over to their place in Shellharbour which was relatively new and was absolutely huge, I think it had 4 split levels. It was really depressing for Dean and myself as we have always dreamed of owning our own place and we know now we will never be able to afford more than a shoe box. We had a great time and I ate way more than I should have. Also, as Dean and I have been on Bodyblitz (unsuccessfully) we have not been drinking much but we got to have a few drinks which was nice.

On Sunday I had a much needed sleep in and then Dean and I went off to Jamberoo Golf course to play 9 holes. Dean would have liked to play 18 but we had a lot of other things to fit in today and we had to count in that we lost an hour!! He also got to use his new driver that he got off ebay from the US for the first time so he was a very happy boy.

I forgot to mention that I got fitted for my bike on Friday evening...finally. Dean took me out on the street after golf to try and get used to it and I absolutely freaked. I have barely ridden in my life and I couldnt get used to cleats, not being able to touch the ground, my seat being so high I had to start pedaling before I could sit on it, having racing handles etc. so I was a wuss and asked him to let down the seat a little and we took the pedals off my Dad's bike. The cleats will have to wait for later I can only get used to one thing at a time. I dont have very good balance so I was a little nervous about how fast I was going on the bike. It will definately take a while to get used to and I am not looking too confident about Sydney to Gong next weekend. After half an hour of riding I decided to call it quits as my arms and hands were hurting from the different handle bars. I decided to head out for my run straight afterwards otherwise I would never get it in. I set out for a nice 14km in 85 min (5 min quicker than programed) and got home just after 7pm and it was still light. After our drive back to Sydney both Dean and I found it hard to adjust to daylight savings time as we had both slept in so we stayed up and watched some episodes of Arrested Development the series we order from the US as they have stopped showing it in Australia. All up it was a fun weekend as Dean and I dont get to spend time together very often.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

Hi Becky...I found your blog through your comment on Beki's blog!
Not running related, but I love Arrested Development. I've got the first 2 series on DVD...did you order further ones direct from the US?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home