Friday, October 27, 2006

I can now bend my legs!!

A quick catch up on yesterday's session.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

I had 7 laps of wild wally on my program. I actually made sure that I turned up early this morning and got in a good 3km warm up but realised when I was on a lap of the oval that the group was leaving and I had to try and catch up. I was generally feeling a lot better in that my quads were starting to loosen up and I could actually bend my legs. I did start to notice a pull in my hamstring in the strides when I was trying to pick the pace up so Sean told me to just take them easy. I decided that I would prefer to do the full 7 reps rather than do a few less at a faster speed as Wild Wally is my favourite session. I done each of the reps in around 3.40-3.50 (20-30 sec slower than usual) and picked up the pace in the last one to 3.27. With a warm down back to the oval it was 10km all up for me today and very enjoyable. I remember when doing approx 28km training for the marathon would have left me exhausted for the rest of the week and this week having raced almost that distance I have recovered so quicky and have not really missed out on any training at all :)

I got a massage from Easy Tiger in the afternoon and while it was quite painful it was very successful when we heard the pop of my muscles separating. My upper back, neck and lats were actually in worse shape than my quads. He noted that my legs are almost normal now. I still have a niggle in my hamstring, but I'm sure I can stretch that out by the weekend.

Friday, October 27th, 2006

I met up with Kerry, Katie and Bernie at Centennial Park this morning as I had 30 min on my program. Last week Sean bumped me up to running 6 days a week but this will be the first week that I will actually do all runs. We headed over to see the baby geese again and finished off with 6km in around 31-32 min (dont have my garmin here). It was a lot of fun but because of my massage yesterday the entire run felt like we were running really quick and I could feel the toxins releasing from my muscles.

I wore my Keyano's out this morning even though I wasnt wearing the orthodics. I was just thinking yesterday that my adrenalines have absolutely no spring left in them and they may be the cause of some of my calf problems lately. Katie was gobsmacked when she fould out I've had them since Canberra Marathon. I have an appointment with Podrunner today so hopefully my orthodic situation will be fixed soon and I can go out and buy lots of spare wheels that can accomodate them.

1 Comments:

At 12:45 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Good to see the quads are on the mend. Say g'day to Podrunner for me !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home