Thursday, November 02, 2006

Relaxed session

I got to the oval nice and early this morning and arrived in time to do a nice 1.5km warm up with Horrie. We got to chat about crewing for Bandanna for the upcoming Great North Walk where he has signed up for the 100 miler. During our strides this morning I noticed how slow I am at doing short bursts of 100m. Pretty much everyone overtook me, I am definately much better at endurance than speed.

Today I had 2 laps of the lake (approx 3km) with a 5 min rest and then another lap. I had on my program that I was to do the whole session relaxed. I done the first 2 laps in 14.02 and done the last lap comfortably, on Seans instructions, in 7.23. Bernie, Kerry and myself done an extra lap of the lake for a warm down to take me to 9.5km for the morning. I was extremely happy with the 14.02 for the 2 laps as when I looked at this pace converted to 5km it would have meant a PB (current 5km PB 23.42 in 2003 KJ's Puckey's course) and I felt really great the whole way through. My breathing was still really slow and my legs were fine so I was nowhere near pushing myself outside my comfort zone. Very Happy :) I cant wait now to find a nice flat course to hopefully knock off a PB.

I had the Sydney Striders 10km on my program for the weekend but I wont be able to make it as I will be heading down the coast as Dean does the Sydney to Gong ride (I am woosing out). So I am thinking of doing the KJ's 4 km cross country instead. I will see how I feel on the morning. Its a course I've never done before so I'm not sure what to expect.

Sorry to be misleading R2B, but I never actually took this photo myself, I stole it off a website :(

I told a girl at work about seeing the whales last night and she told me about a holiday in Tonga that was recently on Getaway where, apparently, its the only place left in the world where you can swim with the whales. The trip includes 3 sessions of swims per day over three days. I can picture myself there now....

On another note I need to start making decisions on what races I want to do at the beginning of next year. I was at first tossing up between the Gosford 12 hour race on 7th Jan and the fat ass Gray's Point to the Gong on 20th Jan. After looking at some photo's of Bogong to Hotham from this year, I was extremely impressed at how beautiful the scenery was and was thinking of whether I might like to do the 25 or 35km option. I suppose I just need to sit down and think about the pro's and con's of each and maybe sit down with Sean to see which one fits with my goals for next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home