Wednesday, November 01, 2006

5 k's and some whale watching


I decided on a sleep in this morning and was going to head to the gym at lunch instead. After realising how nice it was outside I decided to push my slow 5km run out until I got home from work. Even though he has had 8 beers today playing cricket, Dean decided to join me for my run this evening so it was a fair bit slower than usual but was a good chance for us to catch up as we dont see each other very often. We went for 2 laps around the lighthouse and coastal path where we live. On the way back on the second lap we saw some big splashes in the water and when we went closer over to the cliff edge to investigate we saw that there were 3 whales playing in the water. There was what looked like a Mum and its baby and an adolescent which was making huge splashes with its tail and we couldnt believe how loud they were when they were blowing out of their holes. We watched until it was too dark to see any more. I had to listen to Dean whinging the whole way about the run but he thought it was worth it when we got to see the whales.

2 Comments:

At 7:02 am, Blogger R2B said...

Thats a great photo!
Don't you wish something that cool could happen every day?

 
At 8:33 am, Blogger Gronk said...

I've seen a whale or two along the coastal path over the years. Whenever it happens I feel very privileged.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home