Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Around the Bays

I met up with Bernie, Kerry and Katie this morning at 5.30 (yay a 15 min sleep in). I had 75 min on the program for 15km. I was extremely pleased when Katie told us she had asked Sean whats the go with 5 min km's for a long run and he said it was a missprint.....phew. We decided to not do the normal run around the Park and to head off somewhere different for a change. We headed off through the park passing through to check out the geese on the way and up onto Ocean Street. After heading down Ocean Street into Edgecliff we turned onto New South Head Road taking us into Rushcutters Bay. After running around the bay we turned into Darling Point and ran to the end of the path, with Kerry pointing out the nice views and where to get cheap booze along the way from when she lived in the area. We bumped into Amjan around the Point and ran with her for a while before she sped up on her way and left us. Kerry and I were debating whether or not we would take Bernie and Katie to see Loftus Street. I dont know what the exact incline is of Loftus Street but its bloody steep and requires you to get up on your tippy toes to run up it. It brought back memories of when I used to run over there once a week at lunch times with some work friends. I have no idea how some people do their hill repeats on it, one is enough for me. They handled it really well, with me following up the rear. I knew what I was in for so was being ultra conservative. We then went up Greenoaks avenue and headed down to Double Bay. Coming back up through Ocean Ave to NSHR almost killed me as my quads were burning from all the hills. When we finally hit Centennial Park again I was extremely glad. I really enjoyed the run this morning but I have been neglecting the hills a bit lately and it was tough. We ran back to the cars heading along the lake and finished a tad over 13km in 79 min. The hardest thing for me in the mornings is that I am having so much fun running and being out and about that I forget that I have to go to work. I completely forgot that I have an 8.30 meeting on Wednesday's and only remembered when I was on the bus going into the city. Oh well, I didnt miss anything anyway :)

1 Comments:

At 2:53 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Oooh I used to live in Darling Point. Loftus Street ? Nasty !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home