Saturday, October 21, 2006

Yappy dog

I was due to do 12km for an hours run this morning, but besides the fact that that is utterly impossible for me (race pace) I decided that a nice slow 7km would do fine to churn the legs over and allow me to do a lot of stretching. ready for tomorrows run. Originally when I entered the Bulls Head Challenge I was just going to treat it as a training run as I had 29km on my program for 3hrs. But, now I'm starting to think that I wouldnt mind trying to set a good time. I suppose I can always compromise in the middle and just run as quick as I can while still feeling comfortable at a conversational pace, after all its my first proper trail run and I dont know what to expect (besides a creek at the end).

Just on my run this morning, I set off for the coastal path walk around my place and there is a loop you can do which is 2.5km. I took my new Keyano's out for a trial with the orthodics as I have been wearing them around work the last few days and they have felt OK. But after 2km they started to really hurt my feet again. I ended up walking the rest home to change into my Trail Adrenalins as I havent decided whether I'm going to wear these tomorrow or my normal adrenaline's. They felt so much better on my feet. The only problem is I dont have a full on blister but the orthodics have rubbed a bit on my arch, so it wasnt a very smart idea to give them another whirl the day before a race.

I also had a run in with a lady on my run this morning, well, my version of a run in (which is pretty pathetic). I all of a sudden had this little yappy dog running at me and barking and it was being really aggressive and I thought, oh its only a little dog, but then the bloody thing bit me !! It wasnt that hard or anything to leave a lasting mark but the teeth made contact with my leg and I felt it. I told the lady that if she knows her dog bites she should have it on a lead. Now, I absolutely love dogs, I adore my little beagle and I think they should be allowed to run around and play. But if someone knows their dog gets aggressive they should have it on a leash. Although I didnt do it this time, my natural reaction if a dog was biting me would be to kick it to protect myself and then I would have been absolutely devastated if I knew I'd kicked a dog even if it was biting me and I dont think its fair for an owner to put me in that sort of position. The lady said to me "oh she must have got frightened", no shit...so was I !!

Oh well, I've booked accommodation for Sean, Cindy and Myself at the Embassy Hotel where Seb (Bandanna) and some others are staying. I can tell its going to be the same as when I stayed at Rydges for the Canberra Marathon and you hear all these alarms going off in sync at 5.30am on a Sunday morning.....could only be runners. Looking forward to tomorrow but nervous. Sadly, I will miss out on the pasta night on Saturday night but we are going to an Athletics meet this afternoon at Illawong first so I will get to cheer some of the afternoon squad on and we will probably have dinner somewhere around Bowral or Goulburn. Well, its off to pack for me now, I just need to make my list of things I will need...

2 Comments:

At 5:25 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Good luck Bec!
I would go but i am on N/Shift and it wouldn't be smart to drive all that way run then drive home!!
Though i did run 2:20 this morning with the girls (Sevgi,Marie Claire et al) before going home to bed.

Have fun it should be a nice trail!
Don't forget the 22km run from Bulli this coming saturday!

Cheers R2B

 
At 9:02 am, Blogger R2B said...

Well done on your Bulls Head Challenge run!It's a long way...was it as downhill as it was made out to be?

Another thing....Kayano's have motion control (pronation) in them already so if you wear orthotics with them you will get sore feet because you will be way OVER corrected!

I used to wear orthotics all the time but gradually weaned myself off them and now i never use them anymore....so it can be done (just steadily though)

Cheers R2B

Ps Have you thought about adding your blog to Cool runnings blogroll?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home