Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dizzy

After having 4 days off from running I wasnt sure what to expect this morning. All the icing and stretching I had done on the weekend seemed to have done me a lot of good and the niggles and sore shins were gone. The only thing was that it had spread up to my abductor on my left leg. I arrived early enough this morning to do 2 laps of the oval with Kerry before the session started. I was down for 10 400m laps today. Since we still werent allowed on the oval we had to do them on the path around the lake which seemed a whole lot harder. After the first couple of reps I knew that I didnt feel quite right. My leg was annoying me a little but just in general I felt really weak like my legs couldnt handle the pace. The other mistake I made this morning was when I woke up this morning I heard the wind absolutely howling so assumed that it would be cold and wore a long sleeve shirt. Huge Mistake. Besides feeling weak, by the 6th rep I noticed that I started to feel quite dizzy. After the 7th lap I told Sean how I was feeling and he told me to sit it out. I think a combination of having a few days off, probably not a substantial dinner the night before and overheating led to my dizzy spells. I ended up finishing off with a few k's warm down with 8 km all up for the day. A tad disappointing not finishing the session, but considering a few days ago I could have been on the borderline to getting an injury I wont be pushing my luck. It was funny on one of the reps where we musnt have yelled "go" loud enough for the 500m boys (they couldnt see Sean) as they missed the start, I was wondering why I hadnt got overtaken :)

Just checked the garmin and the distance of the laps were actually more than 400m in one rep even going up to 435m. I think this was a combination of the starting line nudging back and me moving further to the back to get out of everyones way as I was feeling crap. The times for the 7 I done are:
1.44 (Best 3.21/km) (410m)
1.48 (Best 3.28/km) (416m)
1.54 (426m)
1.53 (418m)
1.54 (435m??)
1.59 (423m)
2.02 (425m)

On a much brighter note, I found out there was a Pauls Warehouse in the city this week so headed off at lunch time as I need to start wearing in a couple of new pairs considering the shoes I bought that are half a size too big now have to be retired. Podrunner told me that now I have orthodics I dont have to stick to such bulky supportive shoes like the Adrenalines so I bought myself some Keyano's. I still needed to stick to my comfort zone and ordered in some Adrenalines in my size just in case, cant go wrong with tried and tested. I am getting in some of the Asics Racers to try as they were on sale for $79 and I have already put in a birthday order for my parents. I'm sure they will love it if I can get them at this price, I just may well have to choose a second present :)

Also some excitement today as I entered online for The Brindabella Bulls Head option. This will be my first proper trail run and I'm really excited. The only problem I have is getting to the race. Dean is working on traffic duty for the Spring Cycle on Sunday so I dont have someone to drive me down there. I tend to get very stressed out finding new places (as well as getting lost) so I have put a post on Coolrunning hoping that someone will be heading down there and can give me a lift. I had an email about a possible lift and will find out at midday tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Oh well, off to do some ab work now including some gut busters. Oh, which reminds me, rung up to cancel my gym membership today. Apparently its not as easy as just ringing up, I have to organise to see a rep sort of like being counseled about leaving. Ghee Whiz talk about being OTT.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 am, Blogger Ellie80 said...

Hey Becky - sorry to hear it was a rough session yesterday morning - and i think we will all be happy when we are back on the track! Was great to read about the camp - might have to give the next one a shot... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home