Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lappin the Lake

I woke up this morning with an upset stomach again. I dont know what is going on but I have been feeling yuck when I wake up for a couple of weeks now. My legs were feeling tender as well from the massage yesterday so I thought I would take it easy this morning. I had 2 hard laps of the lake with a 6 minute break and then another lap on the program. Each lap of the lake is around 1.45km. Sean wanted us to do a negative split which I managed finishing the 2 laps in 13.50 (just under 3km) doing the second lap 2 seconds quicker than the first (hey, its still a negative split). The last lap I done in 6.44, so much for taking it easy today. Its almost impossible for me to turn up to a session and not give it everything I have. All up with warm up/warm down, drills and the session I done 8.5km today. A little less than on the plan but I'm sure I will be getting a workout on the weekend at camp.

I forgot to mention that on Tuesday I put a deposit down for a road bike. I dont like my chances for getting ready for Sydney to the Gong in time (entering 2.5 months early without a good bike is a little silly), not that I'm worried about what time I get anyway. Its an Azzurri Uno and is blue and white. I have to wait for them to bring in another size so they can fit me up. I'm really nervous about using cleats, I dont like the thought of being so attached to the bike. The guy at the shop said that your pretty much guaranteed to come off while getting used to them :(

I'm off to the Capital Cook Hotel tonight for dinner with the squad. $7 steak and veg sounds a lot better than cooking to me :)

2 Comments:

At 8:01 pm, Blogger R2B said...

I like your spirit there of never giving less than 100% Good work!

Got an email from Wayne Montefiore tonight asking where i've been lately and he mentioned Ray's relays.I see from the results you were on the same team?

Nice result for such a hot day and having run that leg myself in previous years i know it's a lot harder than it looks!



Cheers R2B

 
At 10:50 am, Blogger Bernie G said...

Have a great time at camp. I cann't wait to hear all about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home