Saturday, September 30, 2006

Officially Exhausted...

I was due for my long run today (well, actually its tomorrow but I knew I had less chance of fitting it in). I was due to do 20km in 2hrs. After my great mid-week long run effort I was keen to stick to the scheduled pace today. I drove over to Centennial Park as I have been trying to stick to some flatter courses, knowing the Central Coast half is fairly flat. I done 2 laps of the outside and then done another lap on the inside of the park. I was generally feeling OK most of the way. I was definately noticing that it was a lot harder not having the company today, where did some of those hills come from, I didnt even notice them on Wednesday !! After the second lap, which took me to almost 16km, I started to feel a bit dehydrated. I took a stop near my car to get some Powerade but when I set off for the last few k's I noticed that I started to fade a little. Up until the 18km mark I was heading for an average of 6.00 min/km but the last 2 slowed up a little to take me to 2.01 hrs. Not bad considering I have been training pretty hard this week. I have also been super busy at work as the rest of my team is on annual leave at the moment.

I got home and done some much needed stretching and a little bit of weights (not much, I was too buggered). I have to do a bit of house cleaning now as my parents are coming up tomorrow as we are looking after their bird for them while they go on holiday.

Funny story from yesterday afternoon. After Dean and I went for out little walk on Thurdsay afternoon I forgot to put my house keys back in my handbag. I realised this as I got off the bus on Friday afternoon. I also couldnt use my mobile as I got it back from getting fixed yesterday and it is still broken as the power went dead in a day AGAIN!(damn 3). So I had to borrow a phone at the hairdressers. Dean couldnt help me as he wasnt allowed to leave work so I was stuffed. The guy at the hairdresser noticed a "Hire a Hubby" parked outside and suggested I speak to them. They were nice and come to check out if they could get on balcony with a ladder. Lucky they could and he got me in. I sent him on his way with $20 and 3 cans of Guiness. Never a dull moment with me.

Looking forward to today's AFL grand final.

GO THE SWANIES !!!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:41 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Gotta love that pooped feeling after a great long run!!!
It was great to have your company on Wednesday.... it is so much easier with friends! I agree with you- the best thing I ever did was join sweat! See you tuesday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home