Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Eatin' red dirt...

I was due to do 12km on Sunday but I am still getting used to the extra milage each week and my body was feeling Ok and I didnt want to push it. My parents were up on Sunday so we went to the Rocks and had a nice walk around the markets. They are off on holiday's soon so we are looking after their bird for them.

Tuesday morning SWEAT session I was down for 6 x 800m. I must admit I was a little naughty and didnt do a proper warm up and warm down today as I was a little pushed for time and my total distance took me to 8km (2km short). Sean had us doing our sessions on the grass near the oval where they had laid some horrible red dirt. For the first 3 laps I was at the back of the 800m pack so I literally got to eat red dirt that was being kicked up at me. I decided to pick up the pace for the last few laps and just like Wild Wally last week I was really surprised with my second last lap where Rachael and I really hammered it. Splits are:
3.27
3.26
3.27
3.24
3.14 (!!!!)
3.24

This morning was another early rise to meet some of the SWEAT gang for 75 min on the program and done around 13.5km. Like usual I found it a little hard warming up at start but after about 3km I was feeling fine. We done an outside lap of Centennial Park and another on the inside around the lakes. This morning running through the lakes I had one of those moments where your doing something so simple and you feel so great and happy to be alive. Its sometimes hard to remember that your so close to the city when in Centennial Park, I could have sworn I was thousands of km's away !!

I had to rush into the city this morning as I had an appointment with Easy Tiger. Long story short, I am way too tight. I have already booked in for a session next week after Sean's training camp coming up this weekend.

After chatting with some people this morning, I am now thinking of doing the Fitzroy Falls 10km run. I have also been looking at the Bulls Head option at Brindabella. I just have to see what shifts Dean is on as I dont think I could drive to these places on my own, I'm really really bad with directions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home