Friday, October 13, 2006

What will I do with myself ???

I went and got a massage off Easy Tiger yesterday afternoon. The good news is that I wasnt as beaten up as he was expecting me to be. Yes, I did do heaps of stretching while I was away at camp. The bad news is that because I was so tight before I went away one of my muscles that runs down the calf into the ankle, where I got the niggle on the last day, was badly tight. He had to ice it while I was in the room. Gary said that while this is not a serious thing, just from a little overuse, if I let it get worse it can lead to a stress fracture. He advised that I have 3 days off running with lots of icing and stretching. It would be silly to waste all the fitness that I gained at camp by going and getting an injury now.

So, now I have no idea what to do with myself. Most of my weekends are centred around doing my runs. I havent got a phone call about my bike coming in yet (even though its been a couple of weeks) so I cant even go for a bike ride.

Oh well, I'm better off being out for 3 days rather than 3 weeks. Besides, its going to be pretty hot on the weekend so I might enjoy going for a walk instead. I am very jealous of all those going to Fitzroy Falls, it is so beautiful in the Southern Highlands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home