Thursday, September 21, 2006

Fartlek today

Well, it was fartlek sessions on the program this morning. I was down for 4 laps of the lake which comes out to be just under 6km. With warm-up, drills and warm-downs I done a total of just over 9km this morning.

I have never done a session around the lake before, but was advised that we would be having a few more sessions around here while they are preparing the ovals. This mornings session was every time we saw a yellow flag we had to speed up to 10km race pace and when we saw a red flag we had to slow down to marathon pace. I completed the almost 6km course in 29.50 which I am really pleased with as I was trying not to go out too hard because of the race on the weekend.

I have been really nervous about the race on the weekend. My leg of the relay is only 6.2km, but I havent done any short races less than half marathon distance for about 3 years now so I dont know what to expect or how to pace myself. After this morning's effort I am really excited about racing and am not so nervous anymore. Given the time that I done the distance in and considering there was slowing down and resting in there I think I am may have a chance at doing a PB over the distance.

2 Comments:

At 8:24 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Welcome to blogging Rebecca.Are you running the Fatass Pub 2 Pub on saturday?

Cheers R2B

 
At 4:34 pm, Blogger R2B said...

I am not entered in a team for sunday anymore as i am afraid of letting the others down if i come out of saturday trashed!

Did you know there is a half option for pub 2 pub? It's 23km. I am going down with some Kjs who are backing up for sunday (crazy ultra runners!) sounds like you didn't know that?

Anyhow i may show on sunday if babysitting allows.

Have a great run,you are sure to PB if you have been fartleking with SWEAT!

R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home