Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Boy its getting hot...

Gee Whiz, I'm off to a bad start. I've only just started a blog and I've been forgetting to blog already. Anyway, didnt do too much running on the weekend....well actually none at all to be precise. My legs have been feeling really tired lately, a bit like I'm carrying around tree stumps.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

On Saturday I just decided on some strength work and to do some of the exercises Sean gave me. I decided to take my medicine balls (picked up from Target at bargain price) next door to Christison Park. I stayed there for a little while, but discovered that the field was covered in bee's and you could hear them buzzing everywhere. Now, I should fill you in on a little sory of my fear of bee's. When I was in year 5 I remember being at an ANZAC ceremony and I got stuck near a bottle brush. It was absolutely swarming in bee's and I remember one landing on my leg while we were in the minute silence. It took everything I had in my not to get up and start screaming. The second really bad experience I had with bee's was while on holidays in Tassie a few years ago. If anyone has passed through Straun in summer they would be aware of the fact that it is swarming in bees the size of little birds. Believe it or not you can see lots of bee road kill, there were points where I dead set refused to get out of the car. Anyway, Dean still has giggles at the mental images of me when we were having breakfast near the water and a bee started swarming around me. I got up and moved away and it followed me, I started to run down the street and the bugger followed me all the way down the road....Yes, Dean got a good laugh, but I was petrified. Anyway, I have really digressed. I left the field quick smart and headed back inside to do my workout. I've also recently purchased a Pilates DVD and gave that a go. It was pretty fun but bloody hard.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

I was meant to do a long run today but decided to do it in the afternoon so I could go into the city and watch the marathon. I'm really glad I did. I was on the corner of King and Sussex St's so I got to watch people go through the 27km and 37km marks. It was a great day out there, so many people really giving it all they had. I watched people coming through until about the 4.25 mark and then rushed down to the finish line to watch everyone from 4.45 onwards. I swear there were so many moments where I had to hold back the tears. It was really great to see Mum's and Dad's running down the shute with their kids and giving them a high 5 and hug at the end. It was also really great to see couples coming in together holding hands (Dean are you reading this...). I took a quick trip to the Rocks markets but realised I really really hate crowds, so I took this as a cue to head home.

I had planned to do my long run once I got home, but after getting caught up in all the excitement, I forgot to eat or drink the entire day until 3pm so I thought an extra rest day wouldnt hurt.

BTW - a quote from Coolrunning re: the marathon

"Did anyone else see the transvestite on Oxford st with hot pink top and pink mini skirt with massive high heels. Anyway he, she or it lifted up the skirt to reveal nothing underneath This made me pick up the pace" - J, this wasnt your crowd was it ?????

Monday, September 18, 2006

I was hoping to make up for missing my 20 km long run on Sunday by doing a semi-long run, approx 16km, but when the alarm went off at 5.30 I decided a nice lunch time run might be the better plan. I headed out around Mrs Macquarie Chair and around the opera house, through the rocks, up Hickson Rd and then back into the city. All up was 6.5km at 5.34 / km pace. Gee, the legs were really hurting, I thought I must have been going faster than that ! I usually always have trouble around spring/summer time when it starts warming up. It seems to take my body so long to adjust. It was really warm out there today, I felt like my head was going to explode...

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I had SWEAT this morning with 8 x 400m reps on the program. When I saw 400m reps I thought yayy, they're short, but realised 30 sec breaks in between doesnt make it any easier than the long reps. An angry ranger come over and kicked us off the track on our 7th lap and made us go around the outside. Aparently they are looking after the grounds for cricket season, ohh cricket schmicket, who cares. Silly me kept up the pace as if I was still being timed when on the outside track, while a few others just jogged around to the finish. Sean made us go complete the 2 laps over near the lake on the sand, and after my outside lap burst I was buggered.

My laps were (yes, seriously, I was getting exactly 1 sec slower each rep):
1.47
1.48
1.49
1.50
1.51
1.50
? lap on the outside (I'm counting it!!)
1.54 (sand...I'm noting that too cause it was hard..)
1.51 (sand)

A bit of a warm down took me to 7km all up for the morning. It was great to see some of the runners who recently done the half and marathon on the weekend backing it up with a hard session today.

I'm off for a massage today. I couldnt get in to see Easy Tiger, who come highly recommeded by CR's and some training partners, but he recommended a guy called Coby over on York St. I have always had women before so I am a little nervous (J - are you jealous ??)

On another note, I thought I would mention my puppy Kaos (well, not quite a puppy, she's 9). She had to go in for surgery yesterday as she had a big lump on her leg which they think was a tumor. Because it was so high up she wont be able to walk for 10 days. I really hope she gets well soon, It annoys me that dogs dont live as long as humans... I will publish photo's of her as soon as I figure out how to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home