Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Quick Catch Up

Yesteday I had 4 x 1km reps on my program, but since we're not allowed on the oval at the moment Sean bumped us 1km repers into the 1200m group. I made sure I got to the oval earlier than usual as I have been pretty slack with warming up lately. My reps for the day were 5.39 (1200), 5.47 (1200), 3.38 (800) and 5.49 (1200). I was near the back of the pack for each of the 1200m reps, but I kept all the fast girls in my sights so I was very pleased with that.

This morning some of the girls invited me to their regular mid week long run. I had 15km in 90 min on my program so I decided it would be great to go along and have some company as I have been finding it hard to fit in my mid-week long run on my own. We ended up doing 2 laps around the outside of Centennial Park and then a lap of the lake on the inside, taking us to between 16 and 16.3 km. I keep forgetting to make sure I have a link to the satelites with my garmin before I start running so I had to rely on everyone else's distances. We completed the course in just over 90 min so I done more than what the program said averaging out at around 5.4? / km pace but I felt really good and I could handle the pace better considering I could have a chat on the way.

I really enjoyed today's session, it was good hearing Belinda's story of cracking the 2 hour mark for the half recently and also Deanne's story of recovering from a virus to go really well at GC marathon. As I was chatting to Belinda, I talked about how happy I was that I decided to join the group, everyone is so friendly. Most of the people that I have met in Sydney my age would much prefer going out and getting trashed all nights of the week, whereas I cant think of anything better than getting up at 10 to 5 in the morning to start the day with a nice long run :) I have been on such a buzz today that Dean had to shut me up about my run this morning !!!

It hasnt all been great for me the last couple of days though. As I reported last week, my beagle Kaos had to go in to get a lump removed from her leg. We have had the bad news that it is a secondary cancer so there is another cancer in her body that is spreading. The vet told us that it is better off if we leave her and only have other operations if there is more lumps that occur. They could do more tests and give her chemo, but they said that dogs get very sick from this and they dont respond well to it. I just really hate the fact that there is not much I can do.

2 Comments:

At 9:30 pm, Blogger Bernie G said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this mornings run. Longer runs are always so much easier in a group, the time and Ks pass very quickly. Don't forget same time, same place next week.

 
At 2:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant beleive how much you run its so cool.. i have started running down to the bridge after work with Dave its hard to get back into it after such a long break. i am sad about Kaos :-( give her a hug from me

Jx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home