Friday, September 15, 2006

Sydney sight seeing

As I didnt feel like tackling a lot of hills after yesterday's session, I decided to get a bus into the city early this morning and do my run before work.

I decided to merge 2 regular lunch time runs together that take in the best view of Sydney. From Martin Place I headed out through the Domain and out and around Mrs Macquarie Point. After heading around the Opera House and through Circular Quay, I went up over the Harbour Bridge onto the north side where I circled down under the bridge with great views looking back into the CBD and of the Opera House. On the way back I went through the Botanic Gardens and back around Mrs Macqurie Point. All up I covered 13km with an average pace of around 6.0 min / km, a little slower than on my program but I was still really tired from yesterday.

I have officially decided that I am not doing the Bridge run on Sunday. I only decided to do the run a couple of weeks ago because it was put in my program. But I thought, if I was really interested in doing it I would have entered already, I just cant seem to get excited about it. I have been training for the KJ's relay which is on 24th September, so I might just save myself for that. I also know that as runners we should be supporting local events, but I find it hard paying almost $50 to do a run that I do all the time, and when I can do a half marathon for that price !! I know its silly.

2 Comments:

At 1:22 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

Hey Becky - welcome to blogging! its great to read your story and put a name other than 'stampy' to the face!! thanks for your comment on my blog and i'll see you at training tomorrow...

:)

 
At 9:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Becky O, you run so much no i am jealous good to hear :-D

Jxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home