Thursday, September 14, 2006

The evil Big Birtha

The alarm went off this morning for today's SWEAT session and I really didnt feel like getting up. I havent been sleeping very well the last few nights because some lady reversed into my car on Sunday and now I am dealing with insurance companies, and even though I know I am not at fault I am just a bit of a worry wart.

On my program for today was 10 laps of Big Birtha (hill repeats). I'm not quite used to having a program yet, dont ask me how I got it mixed up but I was looking at next weeks program which had me doing 7 laps of Wild Wally and thought I was only due for 7 this morning. So, I was a bit naughty and bowed out too early. I will have to make up for it next week.

I struggled a fair bit this morning. I pretty much felt like I had no energy at all. I have been feeling really great with my running lately so I suppose I was due for an off day sometime.

After having a one-on-one session with Sean last Friday I really tried to concentrate on my running form this morning, especially going up the hills. Its amazing how hard it is to keep your form when you are really tired even when you are mentally aware of how you are running. I suppose it may take a little while to undo many years of bad posture.

I'm off work early today, but not for fun. I have a dentist appointment this afternoon and I dont think theres going to be a happy ending. I'm hoping that I can get to the shops afterwards to buy myself a medicine ball to do some of the drills Sean taught me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home