Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Managed to get out of bed...

Well, I managed to get out of bed this morning at 5am as I was meeting Running Angel for our mid week long run. When the alarm went off I could have sworn it was still midnight. After picking her up on the way we headed off around the Park at 5.30. My legs were feeling quite tired and there was no chance of gaining any type of speed today. I pretty much knew before I headed out that I was not going to be doing a long run as per on my program (18km) as I was quite tight and didnt want to risk pulling anything. After 8km I decided that I would do some stretching and head off and left RA to finish her run. When I got home I still had enough time to do some strength work and abs.

After getting to work I realised I was much better for having gone for a run. My legs started to feel a bit fresher. Its funny how sometimes when your tired, doing nothing actually makes it worse.

I'm off to the Captain Cook Hotel for dinner tonight with Dean and some friends and then we are off to see comedian Arj Barker at the Opera House so it should be a good night.

2 Comments:

At 5:23 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Good decision - 8k is about right for recovery.

Might even try it myself :-)

 
At 8:16 pm, Blogger Horrie said...

Just managed to catch up with your blog. Congratulations on getting through the run. That is why it is so important to get out there for some training runs before race day. You have got what it takes to finish 6 Foot as long as you keep control of your emotions as you need all your energy for the physical challenge you are putting yourself through.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home