Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm coming back !!!!

After a dodgy night sleep I made myself get up to head to SWEAT this morning as now that I have made the choice to not do 6 foot because I want to get stronger, I have to make sure that I focus on that and not let it be an opportunity to bludge. After a quick warm up and into the drills I noticed that my legs were feeling a little heavy after the run on the weekend, particularly my quads. Nothing too bad so there was no excuses I had to put in the effort today. I had 3 x 1200m on the program but Sean advised us that we could start at 1km loop and then move up to the 1400m. When we took off on the 1km loop I noticed that I wasnt too far away from the people that I was usually near pre-injury so I was quite happy. The last time I done speed work I was having trouble breathing as I wasnt use to running fast for a long time but it wasnt as bad this time around. I didnt really fade at the end but I didnt have the kick at the end that I usually do but was very pleased when Sean called out 4.40. This is the first time since pre injury at the beginning of December that I have managed sub 5 min k's. I felt quite buggered afterwards but was happy to recover quite quickly. Most of us got moved on to the 1400m crew. I managed to have the leaders near by for a while which made me happy, however, near the end when everyone started to kick it through to the finish I was feeling like I was fading a little. Managed to finish around 6.40 ( cant remember exact split). When I looked at the time I realised that it was already 7.00 and I had to get to work earlier this morning as my big boss was in town and I had to look enthusiastic.

All in all I am very happy with my session today, even though I had to miss the last rep. I still felt like I had another rep in me. I am looking forward to getting back into training seriously and getting ready for camp. I have to say I felt really great on the bus on the way to work as I have missed that buzz of doing a really good speed session.

3 Comments:

At 5:19 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said...

I tried to leave a comment a little while ago but blogger wouldn't let me play :-(

I think you have made a wise decision about 6 Foot. It's not like this year is going to be your only opportunity and I am sure you will enjoy the challenge a lot more when you are back fighting fit at your previous levels

Have fun pushing it at SWEAT, I might see you back there soon :-)

 
At 10:19 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Good on you getting straight back on the horse.

Hehehe there is always my Hellgate Fat Ass....

 
At 3:53 pm, Blogger Jen said...

How ya going Bec? Hope everything is well :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home