Monday, March 05, 2007

Quick catch up

I thought I better do an update since it has been a while since I last posted. Nowhere near as much running has been going on as I would like. Sorting out my career directions and a heavy load at work has been taking up a large portion of my time.

I stupidly bragged the other day about how I have never caught any of the office lurgies that go around. Obviously didnt touch wood as I am now going into my third week of some sort of wierd flu/cold thing that keeps morphing itself into something different every week. I went along to SWEAT last Tuesday even though I was sick, hoping to run it out. Running actually was making me feel a little better, however, the competitiveness in me still made me put a kick in for the finish of the laps of the lake and I ended up feeling very dizzy and queezy. Big Mistake. The worse thing is that I have had conferences and training at work which has meant no time to have sickies.

I am planning on having my annual leave soon for a month and Sean has advised me I will be training like an elite athlete in this time. I know I will definately be in the last week where I will be at camp. I have spoken to Sean about some of my other goals that I had planned, and he has advised that they are still viable as they are 'ages away'. I'm glad I still have something to look forward to to keep my mind on training while I am feeling very crap.

I'm considering heading up to the Blue Mountains to watch everyone finishing on the weekend. I'm undecided as I dont want to feel regret for not doing it myself, although that seems very unlikely given I have such a crappy cold at the moment I can barely breath.

I'm hoping to head to the gym at lunch to do some cross-training to see how I go. Fingers crossed that I dont get too dizzy.

3 Comments:

At 1:38 am, Blogger 2P said...

Of course you should come up on the weekend - to quote the Disiderata (rather badly) you are a child of the universe no less than the trees or the stars - you have a right to be here.

Just because you are not competing doesn't mean you shouldn't come - you have been a part of it - you should share in it.

Look forward to seeing you there ;-)

NB all good intel for your 2008 assault!

 
At 9:58 am, Blogger Ellie80 said...

yep - come up for sure - will be a good crowd (not just cause i'm coming... :)

i have officially signed up for run camp - should be fun!!! oh and lots of running too...

 
At 7:05 am, Blogger Jen said...

Come Bec come!! You won't regret it :-)

Look after yourself girl & I'm sure you'll be back to 100% very soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home