Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Still recovering....

Sean has put me down for a 20 min water run on Monday's from my next program, but I decided that I wanted to start doing it now. After a really crappy day at work Dean and I headed down to Camp Cove at Watsons Bay and I done around half an hour of water running which was really nice and refreshing.

I headed off to SWEAT yesterday morning and I had 6 laps of Big Bertha relaxed on my program. My quads were still feeling quite sore from the run on Australia Day so I wasnt looking forward to this one. I went OK in the drills and warm up. After the first couple of laps I realised that having the piriformis injury has been causing that area and my glutes to become very lazy and I had no strength at all on the up hills as I had no acceleration from my butt (although the area isnt hurting anymore). It didnt help that my quads were screaming. I really felt like quitting early, but I thought I only have 6 anyway so stop being a baby. I tried to have some fun with it and Analise and I tried to chase Pascal down on the last lap. It was funny as when I was going through the laps Sean was calling out "use the power in those glutes"....oh, if only he knew.

On the warm down we had a chat about Sean's camp thats coming up at Kosciuszco National Park over Easter. It sounds like it will be really challenging and a lot of fun. I will think about going if some others from the morning squad decide to go.

After a really crappy day at work again I went home to find out from Dean that the washing machine had flooded our unit. We have one of those ones where the water flows into the sink and Dean left his notepad in the pocket of his uniform and it got stuck in the drain. Later on when I went to cook dinner, I was making a nice risotto, I found that there was a moth in in the packet of rice accompanied by lots of little moth worms. This packet was not even opened. This has happened to us before from shopping at our local Coles, a lot of their food tends to be infested. So, we had to go through our cudboards and throw a lot of stuff out. Not Happy.

I met some of the SWEAT girls at the park this morning for a nice slow 7km. I have to admit I felt pretty crap the whole way. It felt like I had elastic bands around my feet again. We actually remembered to do our strides at the end of this session. Trying to get my way into work caused me a lot of trouble this morning when I waited for over 45 min for a bus and when one finally come the traffic was at snail pace the whole way through. I thought it must have been an accident but no, they had closed off 2 lanes in peak hour to chop branches off a tree. I was late for a meeting at work and boy, didnt I cop it.

On another note, I am starting to get a bit worried about 6 foot. Although the mountain runs I have been doing are going well, I dont seem to be able to recover from them quickly and I cant seem to get my speed back up at training. This has me a little worried as I dont think 6 foot is something you should go into underdone and I also dont want to do any damage. I have been really enjoying training for it though, as it has forced me to get out and see lots of places and on the organised runs meet lots of people. I may have a chat to Sean to see what he thinks tomorrow morning. I read somewhere that it takes you 2 weeks to recover for every week you had off. For me, that means 6-7 weeks to return to normal, and this should be soon but I dont feel like I'm moving forward that much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home