Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Burning Quads

My alarm went off at 5.40 this morning and besides the fact that I could hardly get out of bed, I decided to go to training anyway because by not moving around I would only get worse. When I turned up to training I was slightly glad to see that I wasnt the only one who was walking slightly crippled. It was also good to hear that after speaking to Bernie, I wasnt the only one wearing my skins at work !!

Anyone watching me doing the drills this morning would have had a good giggle. Trying to lift my knees up and also do butt kicks, I just looked pathetic so I wont even get started on how I handled the sprints.

I had 4 x 800m laps on my program this morning. I done them at at the only speed my body knew how, at least I wouldnt be losing my breath at this session :) After doing 3 laps at around 4.30 Sean told me that that was enough for me today and to do a shorter than normal warm down. After doing a few laps of the oval I finished off only having done around 5km today. I spent a lot longer stretching and was surprised that I could actually grab my foot this morning to do a quad stretch !! It was amazing that running was actually a lot easier and less painful than when I had to stop.

R2B - I feel a little slack for not having tackled any of the KJ's mountain running series yet, but having smashed my body on Sunday, I think my quads would disown me if I were to line up for another mountain run on the weekend ;)

As for the Bulls Head course, it was mainly down hill the entire way but there were quite a few flat bits and up hills at points to break up the course. The hills werent really that steep on our course they were just really comfortable winding hills. There are some rather nasty hills as your coming out of the creek that seem to go on forever, but thats mainly because it was hard switching from the down to the up. I heard that some of the downhill from Mt Franklin was a lot more hairy than anything we had to encounter. It was fairly steep in places and was quite rocky. I think its definately one to put on your calendar for next year.

As for my blog, I have put it on the list of blogs on the CR website, I think it popped up at the second page. Was this what you were referring to??? I didnt make an announcement on the Coolrunning bloggers thread as I wanted to wait until I had something interesting enough to say :)

1 Comments:

At 4:29 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Can't make it to one on escarpment classic but i will try to run it the next day!

Quads smods!hehehe

i ran down at top pace from Brokers Nose a few weeeks ago and my quads were aching for days so i definately sympathise!

R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home