Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Dont need a Gu, just give me some rain....

I met up with 2 of the girls from SWEAT this morning at Centennial park at 5.30 for our mid-week long-run. Since I'm not quick enough at the moment to keep up with the other girls I found that I was missing my mid-week long-run, cause quite frankly I cant be assed to do it on my own. It was really great to have some company again, the time absolutely flew as we were chatting away.

We set out around the outside of the park and kept to where the street lights were until it started to get lighter and we headed inside the park to stay on the grass. I was constantly looking for the bubblers as it was very humid and the rain that fell was welcomed. All up today we done 13.5km today in the 90 min which I am happy with because I felt like I could go at that pace forever. I felt a little stiff to start with but then near the end of the run, with the rain coming down heavier, I started to feel really great and refreshed. Isnt it funny how running in the rain just seems to give you a huge injection of life and energy.

On the personal front things are going quite well. I've finally decided a career path for myself. I am starting my Masters next session and hope to get out and start my own business after that. In the mean time I am looking for a new role and going to interviews just so that I can earn a bit more dosh to pay for all the courses I've signed myself up for. I've got a feeling I will be paying HECS until I die !!!!

2 Comments:

At 3:58 pm, Blogger 2P said...

That should set you up nicely for Friday Becky - well done.

 
At 4:49 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to see you're still out and about. Hope we'll both be back at SWEAT soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home