Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Getting there...

I was off to SWEAT this morning. Even though I knew I shouldnt be doing speed work I decided to go so that I wasnt breaking the habit of getting up early. Arrived in time to do the warm up drills and strides. I told Sean that I wasnt meant to me doing the speed work but he told me that i should just give it a go. I was a little worried about this as the memory of Thursday's session with Tiger was still etched in my mind so I decided to take take it upon myself to just take it a little easier anyway.

I had 2 x 2km reps and a 1km rep with 11.23, 11.22 and 5.22 for each of them and finished extremely comfortably. I was finding that as long as I keep my pace around the 5.30 mark my piriformis doesnt niggle as much but when I go further it starts to irritate a little. Even though it was a little slower it still felt like a good session. Lots of stretching will be doing by me tonight.

I'm considering heading up to the Blue Mountains on Aussie Day. It looks as though I might not be able to keep up with the guys going in my current form though, so I may reconsider and head to Quarry Road instead. I will need to be home before lunch though as we are having a BBQ at our place with some friends. Dean has allowed me 1 hours grace of being late, but I would like to be there before they arrive. We've also bought lots of crap to go camping on the weekend, just dont have the tent yet ;)

1 Comments:

At 4:58 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Yeah Rod and Mr G will be going at a fair clip I'd imagine....

Hehe only teasing about the river crossing - for traditionalists they always have a safety rope slung across the river and for those who choose to keep their tootsies dry it is usually possible to cross on the rocks slightly upstream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home