Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ouch Ouch Ouch

Was off to SWEAT this morning. We had 3 x 1.2km laps on the program (I actually had 4 but found out the 4th was optional). I noticed that I was feeling really tired in my warm up, I just cant seem to shake the tiredness out of my legs. I'm wondering when I will start to feel fresh again. I honestly dont know what my splits were because I stuffed up doing the laps with my garmin but I think they were around at 5.20-30 / km pace. The last one was a fair bit slower as I was finding it hard catching my breath after the second lap so I hung back a bit. It was a bit disappointing seeing the group I usually run with up ahead, but surprisingly they werent as far ahead as I thought they would be.

I had a massage with Tiger at lunch today. I think its possibly the most painful session I've had so far and he said he was barely touching me. My butt, hips and ITB on the right side absolutely killed. As soon as I'm over the injury I need to start working on strengthening my glutes. Tiger also advised me to stay away from the speed work until I'm completely pain free. I think I might still go to SWEAT so I dont break the habit of getting up early again (Its bloody hard to get back into it) and just do a light run.

4 Comments:

At 8:42 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a good idea Becky. Let your body recover. It's going to take a while before you are back to 100%. Let's face it - it's not every day you run 70-odd kms!!!

 
At 4:45 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Take it easy Becky. My hip, glute has already kept me off the road for a couple of weeks. I reckon another couple of weeks for you to get your mojo back after your achievement.

 
At 4:46 pm, Blogger R2B said...

I agree with what Jen Runs said!

76km is a massive achievement well done!

R2B

 
At 9:07 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Looks like the pace is coming back nicely though - well done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home