Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back to SWEAT

I had an easy 6km on the program for today, but after an email from Sean to see if I was coming back to training I decided to head to SWEAT this morning. It was really hard dragging myself out of bed after a month of getting to sleep in a bit. It was really great to see some of the regular faces again, I have defiantely missed training. I also noticed that there has been a big surge in attendance of new people....must be a lot of new years resolutions!!! I found out that we had 4 laps of the lake on the program (5.8km) which we were meant to hit out at pretty hard as an indicator of how our training has been going. Well, if it was any indication of my training over the last month it wasnt going to be fun. In the first lap I tried to take it a bit easy. After the second lap was complete Sean told me to catch the group in front of me. I managed to catch them on that lap but noticed that going fast really wasnt much fun. I really felt like slowing down in the last lap as my piriformis was starting to let me know that it wasnt happy with the speed. I slowed down for a bit and Belinda went past and said to just hang in there so I decided to just get on with it and pushed myself to the finish and finished in 32.50.

Looking at that time, I would say that its pretty crappy, but considering I have not gone quicker than 7 min k's (besides my last minute dash at the 12 hour) for around a month now, I think I should be happy with that. It will be hard to be patient with gaining back the speed, after seeing all the people I used to run with all the way up ahead of me. Patience, patience, patience....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home