Thursday, January 11, 2007

Recovering

I thought I would update on how I've been recovering. On Monday morning I was feeling surprisingly good considering I had run 12 hours. The only real pain I had was in my butt (apparently my piriformis which runs through the lower back into the butt) and I had a limp. I was feeling much better than expected and surprisingly feeling better than after the Canberra Marathon. I was getting a wierd look from colleagues with all the different coloured drinks I was drinking.

One of the girls at work had some great news so we got some bubbly to celebrate. I had one glass and started to get hot flushes and a bit fevery so I decided that my kidneys have been through enough for a while and I'll leave celebrating for later.

Early on Tuesday morning I had an appointment with the physio and he gave me some accupuncture on my lower back and butt, some heat pack and then some massage. I also had a massage with Tiger at lunch on Tuesday. Just a nice and light one.

On Wednesday I was feeling much better and the pain in my butt had even started to go away. I have been making sure I do heaps of stretching. The only thing is walking up stairs I notice that I get a tad tired quicker with my heart rate rising more than usual. Dean and I went for a swim at Little Bay on Wednesday night and the water was nice and beautiful. After getting out of the water I noticed that I didnt feel the pain at all anymore. YAYY..

Today I had to run to get the bus and I noticed my left calf where I had the injury all December was feeling a bit sore and I felt it in my hip but by the time I got to work it was fine. Had another session with Tiger at lunch which was a really hard session and I was advised I might feel as crap as after the race. I'm feeling pretty spaced out at the moment, there must have been a lot of toxins released.

I havent started running again. I have just been taking it easy making sure I keep moving and walking around constantly but I dont want to rush getting back into training and risking another injury.

1 Comments:

At 2:53 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said...

I'm glad to see you are recovering quickly after reading about your Quarry Rd run on CR

Great work with the CC by the way :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home