Wednesday, December 20, 2006

On the 5th day of Christmas....

A catch up since last week. On my birthday it was also Dean and my 4 year anniversary so we went to watch Borat at the Gold Class cinema at Bondi Junction. Not a very romantic movie, but neither of us are and it was extremly funny. We enjoyed getting looked after getting Corona's delivered throughout the movie and a nice cheese platter. We then moved on to a nice Italian restaurant that had just re-opened at the top of Westfield with views of the city.

On Friday night I had my work Christmas party, and since I had been leaving them all early to run the next morning, this was the first one where I could actually let my hair down. Done lots of dancing which seemed to hurt the leg more than running. I got home really late but didnt wake up with a hangover, which I realised in hindsight was because I kept getting a drink but they were taking them away while I was on the dance floor.

On Sunday morning I headed over to Centennial Park for the SWEAT Christmas brunch. I was really jealous of all the people that looked nice and fresh from their Sunday long run. We had an inspirational guest speaker William Tan who is a wheelchair athlete who had polio when he was younger. He told of his story of completing crazy marathons such as on the North and South pole and about becoming a doctor. My Mum had polio when she was younger and was confined to a wheelchair for many years, however, she is able to walk now as an adult although she still has trouble with her feet. I really felt as though I couldnt whinge about my little injury after listening to his story. Later on Sunday Dean and I took a trip out to Running Science and I took some Asics nimbus and 2110 for a spin on the treadmill. I didnt last long because my leg was hurting. It sort of feels like resting isnt doing much. I bought the 2110's as they felt the best and I will check them out on a tready (just doing a couple of k's) tomorrow.

After doing some research into other gyms I realised how good I had it at Fitness First (never mind the show ponies). The other places where so expensive so I managed to cancel my cancelation and I'm heading back to the gym. I have done a couple of spin classes and I feel like I've lost so much fitness in such a short amount of time.

I made a visit to a Physio that Sean and Cindy recommended in North Sydney. He was really good and done some investigating and found the cause of the problem was my hip which was extremely weak and was causing all the problems in the rest of my leg. After one session with him we noticed a big difference and I'm off to see him again tomorrow.

I've still been living in hope that I will be able to enter the Coastal Classic 12 hour. That hope is starting to fade as I realise I am now getting puffed walking up stairs. I have been cross-training but I dont think anything is a substitute for fitness you gain while running. I have also started to develop a head cold, I seem to only ever get sick when I stop running. WARNING: Not running is a health hazzard.

1 Comments:

At 5:28 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Never say never Becky - you can always walk the 12 hour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home